It has been a little over 6 months since I set my yearly goals. I have done well so far, completing close to half. While the competitive part of me wishes I was further, I have realized that in the past 6 months, some other really exciting things have happened. Though I did not make it to the finals for a Fellowship at Echoing Green, I did get an awesome new job at Echoing Green, and have now been there for two weeks, doing what I love. I moved in with my boyfriend, and we are hard at work redecorating and settling in. I haven’t practiced my spanish all that much, but I am learning Brazilian Portuguese – and had the chance to practice it while in the country for 2 weeks in July. I am signed up for a race, but won’t get to run due to a recent injury from my new favorite hobby, indoor rock climbing. And finally, I clearly have not written a post every week since February. I have actually written less than I ever have. However, I am now more excited about writing than I have been in a while.
With that said, it’s time to think of some new goals for the remainder of this year. These are based on what I have most enjoyed in the past 6 months and what I hope to get out of the next 6. My hope is that this goal reset will allow me to move forward in achieving everything I want to this year.
1. Write more! I do plan on writing at least 1 post per week for the remainder of the year. I will also submit to the HuffPo or Under30CEO. I also want to get to work on that book.
2. Explore NYC again. I used to spend hours or entire days exploring different neighborhoods of the city. I have not had the chance to do much of that this summer while traveling and changing jobs, but it’s time to get back at it as much as possible. I’ll be using my 1001 things to do in NYC book to help me get started.
3. Cook more. This week I have cooked quite a bit, and have loved doing so. I’m now settled in to my new apartment, and plan to spend some time each week planning to create new and exciting dishes.
4. Day trip more. My boyfriend and I spent Labor Day weekend in the Finger Lakes and it was fantastic. I often forget how many exciting day trip options there are around NYC, so I plan to do more this fall and winter.
5. Plan my next trip. Spending 2 weeks in Brazil was fantastic, and I’m excited to put my passport to work again soon.
6. Solo Weekend Trip. This goal is still important to me, so I will also plan a trip all by myself to make sure to stay in touch with the inner Kate.
7. Develop personal and professional development plans. I think it’s super important to set goals (think big, life changing goals) so I want to work on developing my next set of goals.
8. Enjoy life. Sit back, relax and enjoy. Spend more time with friends, on planning date nights, and with family. Make the things that are most important to me priorities.
I am excited to get started on these 8 goals, and look forward to sharing with you more often – especially around the awesome things I find in NYC. As always, if you have ideas of cool NYC things to do, send me a note. Until next time!